Thursday, April 19, 2007

Historical Neighborhood

Dear All:

With regard to the building going up on 131 Colony Road, I have been asked why didn't City Plan review the plans and reject it? Or at least give us a forum to express our feelings & concerns.
The answer is that the City has a no site review for projects as long as there are no zoning variances. The only way that City Plan can look this over if the builder is requesting a variance or the area is a Historic District Neighborhood.

This brings me to my question to you - Do we want to turn our Beaver Hills Neighborhood into a Historical District Neighborhood?

On the positive side it will make sure that the character of the area is preserved and give us a say in what happens here.

On the other hand it will restrict the individual homeowner from making exterior changes to their home with out permission from the Historic District board.

There are many more details that I need to find out and will share them here with you over the next few weeks but in the meantime let me know what you think about this all. You can leave a comment or email me at ward28@snet.net.

Yours,

No comments: